Chris Mayo Law Firm Chris Mayo Law Firm+ Facebook Twitter Linkedin
Chris Mayo Law Firm

San Antonio Dram Shop Lawyers

Establishments that sell alcoholic drinks to their customers are well aware of the potential hazards of drinking. Accordingly, they are expected to take certain steps to minimize the risks that their businesses may pose to the community. The legal doctrine that holds bars and restaurants responsible for serving alcohol responsibly is known as the Dram Shop Law.

If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, you may have a legal case against the business that sold him or her alcohol. To discuss your circumstances with an experienced San Antonio dram shop attorney, call the law offices of Chris Mayo Injury Lawyers today at (210) 999-9999.

Responsibility for a Drunk Driving Accident

Naturally, the primary responsibility for a drunk driving accident falls on the person who chose to drive while intoxicated. However, in some cases, a drinking establishment also may have played an important role. In Texas, bars and restaurants have a legal responsibility to stop serving alcoholic drinks to a person who is clearly intoxicated. If they do not, they become partially responsible for any injuries that person inflicts on other people.

If you have grounds for a dram shop liability claim, you may be able to pursue legal action against the drunk driver who caused your injuries, the establishment that served that person, or both. If you file a claim against both parties, the court will determine how much of the blame each party bears. For example, the drunk driver may be ordered to repay you for 70% of your losses, while the business repays you for the remaining 30%.

Contact a San Antonio Dram Shop Lawyer

If you have been harmed by an intoxicated driver, you may have several options for pursuing just compensation. To discuss your case with a knowledgeable San Antonio dram shop law attorney, contact Chris Mayo Injury Lawyers at (210) 999-9999.

home  |  firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  testimonials  |  contact us  |  related resources  |  sitemap  |  Find us on Google+  |   Log in
Chris Mayo Law Firm 3238 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78213 USA | Phone: (210) 999-9999 | Fax: (210) 593-0002
Bandera | Beeville | Boerne | Castroville | Devine | Floresville | Fredericksburg | Kerrville | Pearsall | Pleasanton | San Antonio | Schertz | Seguin | Texas | Universal City | Uvalde

Chris Mayo Law Firm | 3238 NW Loop 410 | San Antonio, TX 78213 | Phone:(210) 999-9999 | Directions